Reference no: EM132280416
Question - On July 31, 2017, Carla Vista Co. had a cash balance per books of $6,335.00. The statement from Dakota State Bank on that date showed a balance of $7,885.80. A comparison of the bank statement with the Cash account revealed the following facts.
1. The bank service charge for July was $19.00.
2. The bank collected $1,715.00 for Carla Vista Co. through electronic funds transfer.
3. The July 31 receipts of $1,394.30 were not included in the bank deposits for July. These receipts were deposited by the company in a night deposit vault on July 31.
4. Company check No. 2480 issued to L. Taylor, a creditor, for $374.00 that cleared the bank in July was incorrectly entered in the cash payments journal on July 10 for $347.00.
5. Checks outstanding on July 31 totaled $2,046.10.
6. On July 31, the bank statement showed an NSF charge of $770.00 for a check received by the company from W. Krueger, a customer, on account.
1. Prepare the bank reconciliation as of July 31.
2. Using the info above how determine what goes on the bank reconciliation sheet for Carla Vista Co?