Reference no: EM13954477
Assignment 1: Population Health and the Environment
Due Week 4 and worth 260 points
You are a healthcare professional who has researched the effects of environmental factors on population health. Because of your expertise in this field, you are presenting your findings at a global conference on environmental health issues. To prepare for this event, you have started to gather research and document the key issues you plan to present at the conference.
Review the following videos about how to create an outline:
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Examine the four (4) principal methods of science and research used in the study of environmental health. Provide a specific example of how each method is used to increase awareness and understanding of how exposure to hazards in the environment affects the health status of the community.
- Compare three (3) ways scientists and researchers evaluate the level of the danger environmental hazards have on population health. Using these methods, create a detailed outline of how they could be used to determine the level of risk to a community that has been exposed to an environmental hazard. Support your recommendation.
- Analyze the various health risks found in the natural environment. Provide an example of three (3) specific dangers to the health of humans found in their everyday surroundings. Justify your response.
- Evaluate the role of U.S. government agencies in managing the incidence of infectious disease. Determine one (1) environmental hazard that you think represents a significant challenge for these agencies in preventing a serious health risk to the population. Provide a specific example to support your analysis.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Assignment 2: Conducting an Environmental Analysis
For all assignments assume that you are the administrator of a fictitious organization of your choice. The organization can be any type of health care organization such as a hospital, nursing home, rehabilitation center, clinic, etc. As the administrator, you are faced with the challenges of declining reimbursements from insurance providers and increasing demands for patient services due to dramatic changes in the external environment. Such changes include those imposed by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Your first step in evaluating the position of your organization will be conducting an environmental analysis. The purpose of this is to determine your organization's ability to continue to provide quality care and remain financially solvent in the face of these challenges.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Determine two (2) specific forces in the external environment that will have the most impact on your organization. Provide a rationale for your decision.
- Determine two (2) specific internal factors that the organization's leaders need to consider in preparing for the future of health care and the future of the organization. Provide a rationale for your decision.
- Discuss the impact of both the identified internal and external forces on the organization's ability to develop a competitive strategy.
- Recommend one (1) strategy that involves the organization's managers in implementing and maintaining the momentum of the strategic plan.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.