Do not use this person she didn't do my work, took my money and didn't even respond to my emails!!
Project 1 will familiarize you with natural sources of phytosterols (sterols/stanols), and foods containing phytosterols as a functional ingredient. You will also compare the findings on phytosterols (effects on heath) in a scientific journal article with the claims made by manufacturers of these foods containing phytosterols.
Your discussion must contain a minimum of 150 words with a maximum of 200 words.
Use the following list for the outline and contents of your discussion.
1. What are phytosterols? Identify specific examples of natural sources of sterols/stanols (i.e. if nuts are identified as a natural source, list the specific type of nuts). Provide a hyperlink and cite your source. How much do you have to consume to obtain any health benefit from the sterols/stanols in these natural sources? Identify the natural sources of phytosterols that you consume in your daily diet. Could you could obtain the recommended amount of phytosterols (to obtain health benefits) from your current diet? Why or why not?
2. Describe the health benefit claims made by the manufacturers of foods containing phytosterols as a functional ingredient. Use a medical or health site reporting these health claims. Provide a hyperlink and cite your source. Do these sources identify any precautions in the use of foods containing phytosterols?
3. Use a scientific journal article that describes the effects of foods containing phytosterols. Are there any health benefits of increasing the amount of phytosterols in your diet? Are there any problems with increasing the amount of phytosterols in your diet? Do the authors make any recommendations? Do the findings in this scientific article agree with the claims made by the manufacturers of the foods containing phytosterols? Provide a hyperlink and cite the journal article.
4. Identify four specific foods available in supermarkets that contain phytosterols as an ingredient. Could you find any of these foods in your commissary or supermarket? What health claims are made by one of the foods (identify the brand name of the food). How much phytosterols are contained in this food per serving. List the nutritional facts found on the Nutrition Facts panel. Provide a hyperlink and cite the manufacturer of the food.
5. Identify the foods you use that containing phytosterols as a functional ingredient. If you are using any of these foods, do you feel safe using any of these foods after writing this report? Why or why not? If you are using any of these foods, do you feel safe using any of these foods after writing this report? Why or why not? If you are using these foods, do phytosterols affect the flavor of the foods?