>> Business Management
Assignment on "The importance of Management to Achieve an Organizational Diverse Workforce Success". It a critical analysis template assignment.
How the assignment will be, the critical analysis template to be used for this assignment and the instructions to be followed when doing this assignment on "The importance of Management to Achieve an Organizational Diverse Workforce Success".CRITICAL ANALYSIS TEMPLATE INSTRUCTIONS
This template is an alliterated mnemonic device for the critical analysis of information. The alliterated format is used to assist in ordering and recalling data relevant to a subject. It can be utilized from memory, if necessary, when presenting a speech, leading a discussion, sitting for an interview, or writing a paper. It can also be used as the foundation for a formal research paper, a speech, or some other forum, for example, such as a talk show interview
The Critical Analysis Template is a research tool that will enable you to have a workable command over a selected topic. It is designed to organize essential information in a logical and orderly array of categories, which can be amplified to any realistic degree. The format, with explanations, is located at the end of this document.
• Select a topic-Using your textbook's table of contents as a guide, select a topic to research for the template. Choose a topic that is interesting to you and that may be useful and benefit you. It must, however, be directly relevant to this course's content. Also, it MUST deal with a specific ethical, legal and business practice issue and not a broad philosophical category of thought. For instance, choosing the topic of "business ethics" is way, way too vague.
• Template Length-After you supply the appropriate information under each heading, your work will probably be 3-6 pages; more than that will be cumbersome. The intent is to be concise and to provide the most relevant, highest quality information possible.
• References-When addressing "Publications," a few web sites will be good to have, but the main idea is to have some resources that you could mention in an interview. For example, if someone was to ask you where more information could be obtained about your topic, you would be able to rattle off several books or journal articles and their authors. This would make you seem very knowledgeable about it (and hopefully, you would be).
• Formatting-Use APA format for your printed references. For each section in the template, items should be written in bullet point format, not paragraph form. If need be, use a citation for each bullet point, unless information from a source is being used for more than one bullet point.
• Submission-Your assignment, when completed, should be sent to as a Microsoft Word document. You will submit your completed template through the course link in Module/Week 7. Also, provide a cover sheet for your template with your name, BMAL 560 class name, class number, and section.
CRITICAL ANALYSIS TEMPLATE
When conducting an analysis, every individual bullet item may not always apply, but the general assumption will be that every section will be addressed. A thorough investigation, however, will determine if this is the case, and if you are uncertain, then make the time to inteact with your professor about it well before the assignment is due. Responses should be concise - that is, to the point - and brief, but not so brief that utility is compromised.
• Provide a general statement of the subject, topic or concept.
• This may include a definition and/or a concise description, essential element or main idea. (What is the simplest or clearest way this can be expressed?
• Determine if this subject or topic would be classified under the generally accepted body of knowledge, conventional wisdom or practice.
• If not, what aspects may challenge traditional thinking?
• Is it considered fact, or opinion?
• If necessary, note whether or not the subject, topic or concept is a standard one, newly accepted or radical.
• Include major aspects or subdivisions of this subject, topic or concept that are essential to understanding it.
• (Keep the number of principal components or sub-points manageable ~ 3 to 6, for example.
• Prioritize, if this is applicable or helpful.
• If an acronym, list, or grouping is used, include each component, along with a concise description).
• List notable persons that are associated with this subject, and why.
• (This would include major proponents, contributors and critics).
• Include a significant date(s), period or timeframe that will add understanding to this subject or concept.
• Provide a brief explanation for each one.
• Indicate essential locations that are pertinent.
• Provide the names of any organizations or other entities that may be associated.
• Include brief descriptions as needed.
• List specific phrases, terms, acronyms, or jargon that can be used to understand this information and/or communicate it to others.
• Incorporate useful but simple visual diagrams, charts, illustrations, metaphors, similes, (word pictures) anecdotes, pithy sayings or quotations that can be used to complement the ability to remember or communicate this subject, topic or concept.
• Add addenda as needed.
• Prioritize benefits that can be derived from this information.
• Explain who can use it and why.
• Note any opposing viewpoints or preferable alternatives.
• Point out apparent limitations that may apply to this information.
• Are there significant problems or weaknesses associated with this subject, topic of concept?
• Is there evidence of faulty logic, bias, inaccurate or insufficient information?
• Has it been challenged or replaced in conventional usage by something else?
• Are there unusual costs, hindrances, drawbacks, etc., involved?
• Highlight any cause-and-effect relationships that are evident.
• Explain how a specific application of this information can be made.
• Describe how knowledge of this subject will be beneficial.
• Determine if this information will offer an enhancement of perspective or effectiveness of work.
• Explain what conclusions can be drawn or recommendations that should be made.
• List publications, related references or links concerning this subject which can serve as useful resources (they may or may not have been used in preparing the template).
• List all bibliographic material using APA format.
• Annotate each entry in the list.
Preview Container content
• There is diversity all around us
• The business environment is full of diversity
• This brings about uniqueness
• The companies are able to look at issues from the employees’ point of view
• There are varying cultures and backgrounds
• For manager it is challenging to handle diversity in the workplace
• Through diversity, there can be different ideas and perspectives that are brought forward by the people
• Things can be looked at through different viewpoints
• Diverse companies attract a wider range of qualified employees
• A level of sensitivity and awareness is required to manage a diverse workforce
• There are people from different countries, different age groups and different genders
• The need is to create a workplace where talent is from different backgrounds and can also grow and flourish