Make sure you understand concept of certainty equivalence

Assignment Help Operation Management
Reference no: EM13970660

A young couple has $20,000 (90% of their savings) to invest in either savings bonds or a real estate deal. The (zero coupon) savings bonds return $25,000 ($5,000 interest) in three years. The (completely liquid) real estate investment, after three years, is worth $100,000 if economic conditions are good (40% chance), and worth nothing ($0) if economic conditions are bad (60%). The couple decides to invest in the savings bonds.

a. What do you know about the certainty equivalent (for the couple) of the real estate investment? HINT – Make sure you understand the concept of certainty equivalence.

b. What would you do in these circumstances?

c. Give me an example of a different set of probabilities that would change your decision in b”.

Reference no: EM13970660

Determine the optimal order quantity

A mail-order house uses 15,010 boxes a year. Carrying costs are 60 cents per box a year, and ordering costs are $96. The following price schedule applies. Number of Boxes Pric

Describes a successful web service software

Electronic Commerce Hardware and Software Using the Web or other resources, find an article that describes a successful Web service (s) software and the hardware necessary to

What is the probability he is two blocks or less

A robbery has just been committed at the Corner Market in the downtown area of the city. The market owner was able to activate the alarm, and the robber fled on foot. Police o

What is the appropriate reorder point quantity

A newspaper publisher uses roughly 820 feet of baling wire each day to secure bundles of newspapers while they are being distributed to carriers. The paper is published Monday

Bank management is becoming increasingly complicated

Bank Management is becoming increasingly complicated. What are the Four Major concerns of bank managers in ensuring the profitability of their operations? Explain three with e

Proven approach to reducing the impact of the disease

Is it ethical for community leaders to put citizens at risk for a deadly disease, such as dengue fever, when there is a proven approach to reducing the impact of the disease?

What is historical simulation and bootstrap analysis

What is Historical Simulation / Bootstrap analysis? Discuss the main steps involved in the implementation of a Historical Simulation approach to estimating the expected future

What are three communication techniques

What are three communication techniques that you can use to improve project performance? In other words, how can you increase the chances that the project meets the goals and

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd