Reference no: EM13523102
1. Capitalism (re. freedom and determinism) is best illustrated in
b. Genetic causality
c. Soft determinism
2. Which theory of distributive justice is sometimes accused of undermining personal incentive?
3. The three major categories of “justice & fairness” are:
4. One potential weakness of “deterrence” theories is that they first focus on the issue whether they are “successful” and not necessarily on the question of the individual’s guilt or innocence.
5. The three arguments “against” Business ethics illustrate the total disinterest of business in anything other than maximizing its profits by whatever means, fair or foul.
6. Which is not one of the reasons behind the call of a New Industrial Policy?
a. A perception of the loss of American economic preeminence
b. A call to emulate our (apparently) more successful foreign competitors
c. Recognition that government intervention in the market place has not succeeded.
7. Command systems of economic are found only in totalitarian or dictatorial societies.
8. According to our definitions, in a command system the government makes all of the key decisions and “steers” the economy. In a market system it is the heads of the major corporations and economic institutions that have this function.
9. Proponents of a mixed economy object to government using its authority to redistribute wealth that rightly belongs to private individuals.