Reference no: EM132185128 , Length: word count:1500
In this assignment, write 5 to 7-page paper following the guidelines below, to be double-spaced and using 12-point font (Arial or Times New Roman).
We have studied a broad range of leadership topics over the past ten weeks. For the final Leadership Paper, please select five of the topics we have covered that resonate with you and your professional and personal experiences. For each of the five topics you select:
- Identify what you learned and apply what you understand about the topic to either yourself or an individual/leader whom you admire;
- Describe one or more specific examples or situations involving you or the admired individual that demonstrate or relate to the selected topic;
- Discuss your understanding of and ability to use this knowledge moving forward.
- Aim for one page for each of the five topics.
In one to two pages, the conclusion of the paper should apply lessons from this course to your own professional leadership experience, including how you will use this knowledge to enhance your effectiveness as a leader. Briefly define what you see as your own leadership style, and based on this, identify at least one professional objective related to leadership that you will pursue as a result of your studies in this course, including a date by which you hope to achieve the goal.
Examples of potential topics you may use to select for your five topics include the following. This is not a complete list, as any leadership-related topic that is covered in the textbook is acceptable.
- Leadership vs. Management
- Contingency Approaches to Leadership
- Autocratic vs. Democratic Behaviors
- Personality Models (e.g., Big Five)
- Leader-Member Exchange
- Emotional Intelligence
- Moral Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Cognitive Differences (e.g., Hermann's Whole Brain Model)
- Motivation Theories (e.g., Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Theory)
- Role of Empowerment
- Communication Models and Practices
- Leading Teams
- Influential Leadership Models (e.g., Transformational Leadership)
- Role of Power
- Cultural Leadership
Total Words: 1500.