Reference no: EM13708209
You are being interviewed for a position at a well-known consulting firm and have been given advance notice that you will be asked to critically debate global supply chain management issues in an increasingly complex environment.
As preparation for this interview, prepare a professional business report that is based on a relevant literature review that helps inform you investigation.
The report should cover the following three areas:
1. The key drivers of supply chain performance in a complex environment
2. Barriers which companies face during the implementation of new supply chain strategies
3. Potential unexpected disruptions to complex supply chains and the resilience required to overcome these disruptions
Each section carries equal weight.
Please illustrate your answers with examples where appropriate.
Please also ensure that the Harvard Referencing System is adhered to and fully complied with.
- Critically analyse the theory, concepts and models of global supply chain management to interpret and understand complex and ambiguous risks in global logistics and supply chain environments.
- Synthesise facts and ideas in support of an argument when evolving alternative solutions and concepts such as lean and agile supply
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of global lead-time management and time-compression.
- Critically evaluate the role of national and regional distribution centres (NDC/RDC) and warehouse management systems (WMS)in the strategic development of international supply chains
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the role and importance of an integrated and responsible approach in shaping managerial attitudes and actions, and in the establishment and maintenance of cross-functional teams and longer-term stakeholder relationships.