Reference no: EM131294547
Began the essay with topic proposal and outline.
Recall that the outcomes we are targeting in this assignment are:
Interpret the central dogmas of at least two of the disciplines included in the natural sciences by defining the core theories and important discoveries that inform theses disciplines.
Schematize how the research and discoveries in one field impact the research and discoveries in another for at least two natural sciences disciplines
The assignment is designed to allow you to demonstrate your mastery of these two learning outcomes.
For Essay, write a 1500 - 2000 word (6-7 pages) essay that fully addresses the following assignment.
You should bring in at least 5 additional sources beyond the assigned readings that may apply.
The essay will include:
- Select TWO of the scientific disciplines in the Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Astronomy, Earth Science)
- Create a well organized informative essay that explains, describes analyzes and examines:
- The central dogma of each of the disciplines you selected; be sure to define the core theories and important discoveries that inform theses disciplines.
- Discusses in detail how the research and ideas in discipline A impact the research and ideas in discipline B.
- Identify and examine new paths in research that include interdisciplinary work between these two fields.
- Identify and explain at least one new interdisciplinary field of study that incorporates work from both of these disciplines.
EC Library Research Guides for research:
- Biology Research Guide
- Chemistry Research Guide
- Environmental Studies Research Guide
- Geology Research Guide
- Natural Sciences Research Guide
- Physics Research Guide
- EC Library One Search
EC Library resources to properly cite your work:
- APA Format Tip Sheet [PDF, File Size 45.6KB]
- Citing Sources
- Compose your work using a word processor (or other software as appropriate) and save it frequently to your computer.