Reference no: EM13944866
Improving Quality of Health Care Services
Select one initiative used to improve quality and/or safety of health care. Summarize the initiative and provide your views on the effectiveness of this initiative and how it can be improved.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper using the following guidelines and evaluation criteria.
Use a minimum of 5 references from the professional nursing literature in the assigned course readings and other references. If they are relevant, you may use one or two professional web sites in addition to the literature references.
Begin the paper with a brief paragraph that provides an overview of the assignment and its purpose. There is no separate heading for this paragraph; the heading is the same as the title of the paper. This will be about 2-3 sentences. The last sentence in this paragraph is a sentence that begins "The purpose of this paper is to ¨. This paragraph is worth 20 points.
Use the following headings for the rest of the paper.
1. A quality and/or safety initiative -
• Describe a quality and/or safety initiative currently being used in any health care setting. This will be a one-paragraph overview of the main points of the initiative.
2. Reasons for the initiative -
• Discuss at least two reasons supporting why this initiative was developed. This will be one paragraph discussing each of the two reasons.
3. Strengths and limitations of the initiative -
• Discuss one strength and one limitation of the initiative in having an impact on the quality or safety of health care. This will be one paragraph for the strength identified and one paragraph for the limitation.
4. Role of nursing -
• Discuss a contribution that nursing could make to improving the effectiveness of this initiative. This will be one paragraph.
5. Summary -
• Provide a one-paragraph summary of the main points in the paper.
Proofread your paper as described in the tips for success in this course and correct any typos, grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, or APA format errors before submitting your paper in the Dropbox. You can have up to 30 points deducted from your grade for this assignment for these types of errors, or for not using at least the minimum number of required professional literature references.
Required articles and Reference attached in a separate document.
You can also use any reference that relates to the assignment
• Course Text: Sultz, H. A., & Young, K. M. (2014). Health care USA: Understanding its organization and delivery (8th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
• Course Text: Mason, D. J., Leavitt, J. K., & Chaffee, M. W. (2014). Policy and politics in nursing and health care (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders.