>> Supply Chain Management
You are being interviewed for a position at a well-known consulting firm and have been given advance notice that you will be asked to
critically debate global supply chain management issues in an increasingly complex environment.
As preparation for this interview, prepare a professional business report that is based on a relevant literature review that helps inform
The report should cover the following three areas:
1. The key drivers of supply chain performance in a complex environment
2. Barriers which companies face during the implementation of new supply chain strategies
3. Potential unexpected disruptions to complex supply chains and the resilience required to overcome these disruptions
Each section carries equal weight.
Please illustrate your answers with examples where appropriate.
Please also ensure that the Harvard Referencing System is adhered to and fully complied with.
Preview Container content
Key Drivers of Supply Chain Performance 2
Logistical Drivers 2
Barriers of New Supply Chain Management 8
Lack of Resources 8
Economy of Scale 8
Trust and Cooperation 9
Risk Management 10
Quality and Quality Control 10
Low Productivity Rate 10
Unequal Development 11
Solutions for Overcome from Barriers 11
As per the given scenario I have being interviewed at a well-known consulting company. I have getting an advance noticed that I will be questioned for global supply chain management issues in an increasingly complex environment. I have to submit a professional business report about global supply chain management. The main purpose to submit this report is to represent my knowledge and skills in this field. In this report I have to cover all essential information regarding global supply chain management. The essential topics that I will cover in this report are key drivers of supply chain performance in complex environment, barriers that are faced by new supply chain strategies, potential unexpected disruption to complex supply chains and how a business organization can rid of these disruptions.
Before start discussing about other essential concepts of supply chain management, it will be better to know about that what global supply chain management is. According to supply chain management council, the process of supply chain management consists of implementation and controlling of flow and storage of goods, services and their related information for delivery of goods from one point to other. This flow of control and implementation is necessary to fulfill the essential requirements and needs of consumers. A typical corporate supply chain management organization has to consider various essential factors that are listed as below:
• Proper selection of system design, factory and location for warehouse for supply chain management.
• Management of purchasing, production and scheduling in supply chain process.
• Proper management of customer related services, processing of their orders, proper monitoring and control of inventory, planning about freight transportation.
• Designing of warehousing and appropriate management of returned goods.
These are some essential factors that need to be considered while working with supply chain management process. After collecting basic information about supply chain management now we will discuss about key drivers of supply chain performance.