Reference no: EM132280864
Question: Evaluate qualitative research questions in assigned journal articles in your discipline and consider the alignment of theory, problem, purpose, research questions, and design. You will also identify the type of qualitative research design the authors used and explain how it was implemented.
Post a critique of the research study in which you:
1. Evaluate the research questions using the Research Questions and Hypotheses Checklist.
Research Questions and Hypotheses Checklist
Use the following criteria to evaluate an author's research questions and/or hypotheses.
Look for indications of the following:
• Is the research question(s) a logical extension of the purpose of the study?
• Does the research question(s) reflect the best question to address the problem?
• Does the research question(s) align with the design of the study?
• Does the research question(s) align with the method identified for collecting data?
• If the study is qualitative, does the research question(s) do as follows?
• Relate the central question to the qualitative approach
• Begin with What or How (not Why)
• Focus on a single phenomenon
• Use exploratory verbs
• Use nondirectional language
• Use an open-ended format
• Specify the participants and research site If the study is quantitative:
• Do the descriptive questions seek to describe responses to major variables?
• Do the inferential questions seek to compare groups or relate variables?
• Do the inferential questions follow from a theory?
• Are the variables positioned consistently from independent/predictor to dependent/outcome in the inferential questions?
• Is a null and/or alternative hypothesis provided as a predictive statement?
• Is the hypothesis consistent with its respective research question?
• Does the question(s) and/or hypothesis specify the participants and research site?
If the study is mixed methods, do the research questions and/or hypotheses do the following?
• Include the characteristics of a good qualitative research question (as listed above)
• Include the characteristics of a good quantitative research and/or hypothesis (as listed above)
• Indicate how the researcher will mix or integrate the two approaches of the study
• Specify the participants and research site
• Convey the overall intent of the study that calls for a mixed methods approach
2. Identify the type of qualitative research approach used and explain how the researchers implemented the design
3. Analyze alignment among the theoretical or conceptual framework, problem, purpose, research questions, and design
Apa format, 300-350 words
Article: Identity theft and university students: do they know, do they care? (By Ludek Seda)