Reference no: EM131443420 , Length: word count:800
Enterprise Planning and Implementation Assignment
Assessment Details - You are working as an IS/ICT specialist for a major organization. You are head of the team future digitalization project. Your organization is looking to reduce the investment in IT and enable quicker time to market solutions.
Your manager returns from a conference at which he was given a demonstration on the role of cloud computing in the future of the industry. He is excited about this new technological development and asks you to research the feasibility of changing your organisation from a mostly on premise in-house supported solution model to a cloud based computing environment. He currently shares with you the following concerns:
1. The major investment in the ERP solution which is now 5 years old requires a lot of support and maintenance from skills you currently do not have in-house.
2. There is an aging CRM solution which is not mobile enabled and there is a major upgrade available from the vendor which provides new features and capabilities as well as a cloud computing option with managed services.
3. Recently there has been a lot of hype around the Internet of Things and as part of this you are requested to determine if wearables would be appropriate within the environment and how they could provide greater customer value.
For this assignment, you are allowed to choose any organisation to facilitate the content of the assignment. In this course, there are three components which need to be submitted as a professional business report (each report should be a complete document in its own right) to the chief technology officer of the major organisation.
Business Case - In this professional business report, you must at least cover the following points adequately:
- Identify the components and purpose of the strategic plan to address the above concerns;
- Identify the need for changes;
- Internal change drivers / influencers and assessments;
- External change drivers / influencers and assessments;
- Develop a current state of the organization; and
- Identification of critical success factors (CSF).