>> Custom Essay
To write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of the research study conducted, respond to each of the questions listed under the headings below.
Do not answer the questions with a yes or no; rather, provide a rationale or include examples or content from the study to address the questions.
CRITICAL APPRAISAL GUIDELINES: QUALITATIVE STUDY
• Identify the clinical problem and research problem that led to the study. What was not known about the clinical problem that, if understood, could be used to improve health care delivery or patient outcomes? This gap in knowledge is the research problem.
• How did the author establish the significance of the study? In other words, why should the reader care about this study? Look for statements about human suffering, costs of treatment, or the number of people affected by the clinical problem.
Purpose and Research Questions
• Identify the purpose of the study. An author may clearly state the purpose of the study or may describe the purpose as the study goals, objectives, or aims.
• List research questions that the study was designed to answer. If the author does not explicitly provide the questions, attempt to infer the questions from the answers.
• Were the purpose and research questions related to the problem?
• Were qualitative methods appropriate to answer the research questions?
• Did the author cite quantitative and qualitative studies relevant to the focus of the study? What other types of literature did the author include?
• Are the references current? For qualitative studies, the author may have included studies older than the 5-year limit typically used for quantitative studies. Findings of older qualitative studies may be relevant to a qualitative study.
• Did the author evaluate or indicate the weaknesses of the available studies?
• Did the literature review include adequate information to build a logical argument?
Conceptual / Theoretical Framework
• Did the author identify a specific perspective from which the study was developed? If so, what was it?
• When a researcher uses the grounded theory method of qualitative inquiry, the researcher may develop a framework or diagram as part of the findings of the study. Was a framework developed from the study findings?
Preview Container content
Healthcare organizations and professionals are trying to introduce different techniques and methods for providing better services to the people. While analyzing the use and influence of Surgical Safety Checklists (SSC) in patient care, we can able to understand that, SSC helps for improving safety and security of the patients in an effective way. As per the report of WHO (2010) Surgical Safety Checklists helps to reduce to morbidity and mortality in an effective way and with the support of Surgical Safety Checklists health care professionals can provide quality services to the patients. In this paper we are analyzing the factors influencing the use of Surgical Safety Checklists in a detailed way.
2.0 Problem statement
2.1 Clinical problem and research problem of the study
Clinical problem is related with the use of Surgical Safety Checklists in providing patient care and research problem mainly focused on the impact of Surgical Safety Checklists and application of Surgical Safety Checklists