>> Other Subject
Clo# 1: Identify historical and contemporary models of leadership.
Clo# 2: Test the concept and use of empowerment in leadership and recognize the value of servant leadership.
Clo # 3: Discuss the responsibility and privilege of leadership including moral and ethical decisions and the use of authority and power.
II. Guidelines for writing the project
- Think of one example of a good leader, select wise and practical leader e.g(political, business, social leader,..) . Give reasons why he/she is a good leader.
- Write a brief Biography and historical analysis that explain the origins and significance events of the leader.
- Explain the main qualities of this leader that affect success in five aspects of his life, with examples.
- Clarify the leadership style of this leader; support your analysis with examples.
- Describe effective leadership behaviors of this leader according to the Three-Dimensional Taxonomy (Task-Oriented Behaviors, Relations-Oriented Behaviors, and Change-Oriented Behaviors) through mentioning critical incidents.
Preview Container content
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is also regarded as Sheikh Mohammed was the vice president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates of Dubai. He was undoubtedly an excellent and hardworking leader. He followed the footsteps of his father to be a good leader and he used to get up early in the morning and walked alone to see what was happening in the place. He tried to recognize the problems of people by reading their facial expressions. He was a man of his words and therefore, he is regarded as a perfect leader as he tried his best to recognize the inner potential of his followers in order to help them to attain their goal (Wilson, 1999).
Many leaders live their life as professionals but Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum did not only live a life of professional but also, he took the problems and issues of his people as personal and helped them from the core of his to make them happy. For instance, he also donated money from his personal accounts during the time of conflicts in order to help Bosnia to rebuild them when the peace was restored. Therefore, it can be said from his immense efforts that he will not remembered as a visionary leader but also, he will be known for his cultural legacy (Pound, 2008).