Reference no: EM131161704
1. How would you characterize Second Cup's strategy? Do they articulate a commitment to social responsibility? If so, is it an important component of their competitive strategy? If not, should they? Explain.
2. Describe the key strategy implementation efforts at Second Cup. Has management allocated sufficient resources to the strategy execution effort? In your opinion, has management instituted policies and procedures that facilitate good strategy execution? Explain.
3. Create a strategic group map for Second Cup and at least three of its industry competitors using price range (lowest - highest) and product type (standard - custom) on each axis. What does it disclose about its competitive position?
4. What is your assessment of Second Cup's performance relative to its peers and/or competitors in the Canadian and global market space?
5. Has Second Cup's strategy and its approach to executing the strategy produced good financial results?
6. What recommendations would you make to Michael Bregman (Chairman) and Alix Box (President and CEO) concerning Second Cup's strategic plan for growing the business over the next 2-5 years? Would you recommend that the Second Cup concept be continued as is, expanded aggressively, or discontinued? Explain.
- PR Newswire; Second Cup Announces New Strategic Growth Plan and Plans for a $5 Million Share Offering, Available at: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/second-cup-announces-new-strategic-growth-plan-and-plans-for-a-5-million-share-offering-281280821.html
- Second Cup Coffee Co., Investors Relations; Annual Report 2014
- Second Cup Coffee Co., Investors Relations, Annual Report 2015
- Second Cup Coffee Co., Our Story; Our Philosophy. Available at: http://www.secondcup.com/our-philosophy
- Second Cup Coffee Co., Press Room, Available at: http://www.secondcup.com/press-room/article?id=135215
- Starbucks, Investors Relations; Annual Report 2014