Reference no: EM132280463
Currently, the California Legislature is looking to "modernize use of deadly force by law enforcement". For this assignment I want you to research the current standard for the use of force as found in Graham vs. Connor (490 US 386 (1989) and how the three bills (AB 931, AB 392 and SB 230) in the legislature would affect that standard. For the more ambitious of you there is a rich history behind the bills that gives some great background.
When you look at Graham, be careful. Many students use a "brief" of a case and often find out the issue and holding briefed have little to do with the point of law that is being discussed.
Answer the following:
1. Briefly discuss the key elements of use of deadly force by officers acting in self defense or defense of others as currently applied.
2. How would each bill affect the standard in Graham?
3. What are the arguments for and against the changes suggested?
4. Briefly define how each bill would change use of force.
5. How would officers in the field be affected?
APA FORMAT AND COVER AND CITATIONS!