Reference no: EM13794718
How to Extract DNA from Anything Living
• Read and review the information
• Write a lab report to contain the following
• Title - a specific and accurate representation of the report's results
• Abstract - a brief and concise summary of the research; a single paragraph that gives the experiment's objectives, experimental design, results, and conclusions
• Introduction - background information, questions answered, and/or the hypothesis; this should be several paragraphs in length. Some things you can include are
• The background of DNA; how it was discovered
• The role of DNA in the body
• The importance of DNA in genetic testing, criminal cases, etc.
• Think of this section as a mini report
• Materials and Methods - this should include all information necessary to repeat the experiment; it must be narrative in style
• Results - this should include the data and observations in narrative form and can be accompanied by tables, figures, graphs, etc.
• Discussion - an interpretation of results, did you get what you expected to get, why or why not, what would you do differently the next time, etc.
• Please label each section of your lab report