Reference no: EM131065942
With the times quickly changing, and the recent division among those who support the Federalists and Anti-Federalists, public rallies in the town center have become a common thing. For the next rally, you have been asked to give a speech regarding the side you support. After choosing which side to support, use the PowerPoint reading from this unit to choose a minimum of four of the six bullets from slide two titled, "Quick Comparison," as the basis for your speech. Using these four bullets you have selected summarize how this political divide would evolve into the two-party system.
By choosing this option, you will write out your speech in essay form. Be sure to address the four bullet points you selected from the PowerPoint within the essay for your speech. Your speech must be a minimum of two (2) pages. A minimum of two (2) reputable sources must be used, cited, and referenced, only one of which can come from the required reading section. This means you will need to find at least one additional source on your own. Inappropriate resources, or failure to use resources.
- Scrapping of the Articles of Confederation
- Supported limiting the power of the state to allow for a more effective federal government
- Favored an equal, but divided, three part government in the form of Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches ? Argued for a single chief executive
- Chiefly supported by the economic elites
- Felt the Constitution protected all
- Amending the Articles led government
- Preferred states retain their influence and power for fear of a corrupt monarchical elite
- Preferred the direct representatives of the people, Congress/Legislative, to be the power of the government
- Feared an individual with king-like powers
- Support from lower class and rural areas
- Demanded a separate bill of rights