Reference no: EM13789131
Prepare in a Word document using APA guidelines for margins and page numbers in header and spacing.
Follow that with a well developed narrative answering the questions substantively while also providing rationale.
In-text references from your assigned reading to support your analysis is expected.
1. Data on the competitiveness of nations can be found at www.imd.org/research/publications/wcy/index.cfm This website provides a ranking on 329 criteria for 59 countries. how might Porter's diamond of national advantages help to explain the rankings for some of these countries for certain industries that interest you ?
2. The Internet has lowered the entry barriers for smaller firms that wish to diversify into international markets. Why is this so? Provide an example.
3. Many firms fail when they enter into strategic alliances with firms that link up with companies based in other countries. What are some reasons for this failure? Provide an example.
4. Many large U.S.-based management consulting companies such as McKinsey and Company and the BCG Group have been very successful in the international marketplace. How can Porter's diamond explain their success?
Complete Application Questions & Exercises and Ethics Questions for both chapter8 in your text. Prepare in a Word document using APA guidelines for margins and page numbers in header and spacing. Re-write in bold font the questions asked. Follow that with a well developed narrative answering the questions substantively while also providing rationale. In-text references from your assigned reading to support your analysis is expected. Include a reference page
1.E-Loan and Lending Tree are two entrepreneurial firms that offer lending services over the Internet. Evaluate the features of these two companies and, for each company:
Evaluate their characteristics and assess the extent to which they are comparable in terms of market commonality and resource similarity.
Based on your analysis, what strategic and/or tactical actions might these companies take to improve their competitive position? Could E-Loan and Lending Tree improve their performance more through co-opetition rather than competition? Explain your rationale.
2. Using the Internet, research the Small Business Administration's website (www.sba.gov). What different types of financing are available to small firms? Besides financing, what other programs are available to support the growth and development of small businesses?
3. Think of an entrepreneurial firm that has been successfully launched in the last 10 years. What kind of entry strategy did it use-pioneering, imitative, or adaptive? Since the firm's initial entry, how has it used or combined overall low-cost, differentiation and/or focus strategies?
4. Select an entrepreneurial firm you are familiar with in your local community. Research the company and discuss how it has positioned itself relative to its close competitors. Does it have a unique strategic advantage? Disadvantage? Explain.