>> Other Subject
Specific Rules for Discussions
• Discussions will lock out Sunday at 930pm EST there will not be any accepted responses after that time.
• Initial discussion responses are due by WED every week to allow others to respond and have an active classroom.
• Be sure to answer the weekly question and provide both practical experiences and scholarly support
• Being controversial or contemporary is supported in a reasonable and respectful manner
• Grading is based not on quantity of posts but the quality of the contribution to knowledge building
• Questions are very encouraged but should be asked in the context of some statement or knowledge contribution not simply questioning peers without critical analysis
• Leadership in the conferences illustrates above and beyond contributions that focus discussions in the classroom and provide to the overall knowledge contribution.
• Respond to One of the topics below and also respond constructively to two of your classmates posts in a topic different from your initial post.
1) Locate a macro and micro current news article related to health care - explain why you have classified them as macro and micro. Discuss the importance of macro and micro economics in health care in 2016 - support your answer.
2) Explain the marginal principle. Illustrate how this practically applies in the health care industry through an example or scenario. Support your findings with popular and scholarly literature.
3) Explain opportunity cost and its relationship to health care economics. Give a practical example that is supported by one scholarly research source.