Reference no: EM131386131
The chosen organization will be Halyard Health - Halyard Health Inc, NYSE: HYH
Provide a brief introduction to your chosen organisation, in terms of the industry that it operates in, its products (i.e. goods and/or services) and the market(s) it serves.
Critically examine the role and value of marketing within your chosen organisation - issues that your answer might examine, but should not be limited to, include:
- How is the role of marketing viewed by the organisation? What is marketing's contribution to effective business planning and decision making? How does it help the organisation to achieve its objectives?
- Is the role and value of marketing viewed differently within different departments / functions of the organisation? How effectively does marketing work with other departments / functions of the organisation? For international organisations, is marketing viewed differently within different strategic business units (SBUs) in different countries?
- Has the role of marketing changed in the organisation over time? Have there been any challenges / barriers to the change in the role of marketing? How have these been overcome / how can they be overcome?
(1) You are required to write concisely to transmit the information and your analysis. The expected overall word count for this assignment is 1500 words in length.
(2) The word count does not include the Title Page, Appendices and the Reference List.
(3) You must adhere to the formatting requirements as indicated in Point 1 on the first page of this Assignment document.
(4) In your answer, make full use of the range of material available in this course (including academic and industry sources [plus market reports and government data]). We would expect to see a minimum of 6 academic references outside of the core textbook.
(5) You should be aiming to not merely 'describe', but also to provide relevant examination / analysis, using the academic theory and relevant sources (company, industry, government and academic) to support your answer.
(6) Provide appropriate examples to illustrate your points.
(7) You will be required to cite the sources used within the text and to provide one accompanying Reference List (on a separate page at the end of your total assignment response). For guidance regarding citation and referencing, please refer to the MBS 'Harvard Referencing Guide', a copy of which is available for you to access on Blackboard.
Please note that you will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Critical analysis and clarity of argument
- Knowledge and use of the academic literature
- Structure and organisation
- Bibliography and referencing
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
To assist you when completing the Marketing Assignment task, the following are some of the questions that are typically asked by students and the responses provided by the e-Tutor / Course Co-ordinator:
What is meant by 'academic references'?
What is the required structure of the assignment?
Can you please confirm what is included / excluded in the set word count for this assignment?
Are we allowed to use flow charts/diagram illustrations in our assignments?
Assignment Files - https://www.dropbox.com/s/by9gfesx8bkmcze/Assignment%20Files.zip?dl=0