Reference no: EM131266239
Write an comparison/contrast essay:-
Choose from one of two potions of
1. Difference between those with fluent-english skills and limited-english skills (Only cite of evidence from attached "Mother Tongue".
• To write comparison/contrast essay
• To develop and support a thesis statement with textual evidence
- Use three quotations only to support your thesis statement
• To further develop critical-thinking and writing skills
• To further develop writing skills by proposing and supporting a thesis and organize ideas into a coherent and fluent essay
• To practice using MLA guidelines as indicated below & as discussed in class
• To write an essay in stages/steps
Assignment: Choose from one of these two options only:
1. Discuss the similarities or differences between those with fluent- and limited-English skills.
a. Cite three (3) pieces of evidence from "Mother Tongue" to support your thesis; no outside research.
2. Compare or contrast the life of a person who is active on social media with one who is not.
a. Cite three Q) pieces of evidence from "This is Not About You" to support your thesis; no outside research.
• Clear thesis statement that directly answers the prompt
• Engaging and effective introduction
• Topic sentences in every body paragraph supporting the overall thesis
• Supporting examples, details, explanations supporting the thesis
• Development of a strong conclusion that goes beyond simply summarizing what's been said in-the body but gives reader a call to action.
• Correct grammar & punctuation usage
• Use of simple, compound and complex sentences using coordination (FANBOYS, HOT SHOT CAT) and subordination (BAT WAS UP)
• Use appropriate transitions (as discussed in class)
• Textual evidence from "Mother Tongue" or "This is Not About You" must be used
• Write a creative title on the outline and essay; do not title it "Outline" or "Midterm"
• Follow MLA format as discussed to date (written in third person - no I, you, our, ours).
• at least 3 FULL PAGES - WRITTEN ON BOTH SIDES OR SIX PAGES WRITTEN ON ONE SIDE - , DOUBLE SPACED! (ANY ESSAY THAT DOES NOT MEET THE 3 PAGE REQUIREMENT WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC LOSS OF 10 points).
Attachment:- Mother Tongue.rar