Reference no: EM131195642
Discussion Question 1
Compare and contrast the two definitions of advanced practice nursing as defined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) DNP Essentials, the APRN consensus model, and as defined in your textbook.
Explain the two factors you think are the most important in your textbook's definition of advanced practice nursing.
Discussion Question 2
Select one of the following statements and defend whether you support the statement (include a citation and reference by the APRN consensus model to support your stance):
• The roles of the NP, CNS, CNM, CRNA, nurse educator (NE), nursing informaticist (NI), and nurse administrator (NA) are not reflective of our current needs in healthcare (include all in your response).
• NEs, NIs, and NAs should not be classified as an advanced practice nurse.
• CNSs are not a valuable use of nursing resources.
Assignment 3 tittle: Role and Setting
For this assignment, you will research an advanced nursing practice role and summarize your findings in a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title page, references and appendices):
• Focusing on the specialty for which you were admitted to South University (Family Nurse Practitioner), select an advanced nursing role to research. (It must be one offered by South University.)
• According to the NPSGs, distinguish the role as clinical or non-clinical and how it promotes patient safety.
• Find two research articles and one expert opinion article about this role, and summarize the articles in a 3- to 5-page paper.
• The articles must be current (not more than five years old).
• Format your paper, citations, and references using correct APA Style.