Find two professional association for your field of interest

Assignment Help Financial Management
Reference no: EM131308742

Prepare a career preparation portfolio.

To prepare for your job search, conduct research and meet with people who can help you. First, target specific people within companies where you might like to work. Send a few networking emails to ask for assistance. Your goal is to complete the following activities within one or more companies:
• Job shadow someone in the company who holds a job that interests you.
• Observe a meeting or formal presentation.
• Attend a training program.
• Meet with people in your field (informational interviews)

In addition, to understand your field of interest, pursue professional development activities, such as the following:
• Find two professional associations for your field of interest. You may search online for these organizations. Study their websites to understand the purpose, membership, and mission of each organization.
• Attend a local meeting of one of the professional organizations that interests you.
• Find two professional journals within your field of interest, and study one article from each.
• Search for news stories or credible blogs about your field. Study what these sources say about important trends or developments within your field.

Prepare a portfolio of your work, and submit it to your instructor. You might be instructed to include the following:
• A cover memo summarizing what you learned from these activities
• Observations from your job shadowing experience
• Copies of handouts or presentation decks you received during meetings or training programs
• Notes from your informational interviews
• Observations about professional associations in your field
• Notes from the professional association meeting you attended
• Summaries of journal articles you read
• An analysis of trends and developments that might affect your career choice in the future

Organize your portfolio in a way that makes sense to you-not necessarily in the order presented here. Include a table of contents for your materials and a title page.

Reference no: EM131308742

What is the interest rate that the bank can lock in

On January 8, 2016, a bank wants to lock in the 3-month interest rate starting on June 20, 2017. Currently, 6/2017 Eurodollar futures price is 94.93 and 9/2017 Eudollar future

Which stock purchase should the investor make

If the technology sector has a 20% probability of weakening over the next 10 years, a 50% probability of remaining the same, and a 30% probability of strengthening, which st

Expected interest rate

The real risk-free rate is 2.8%. Inflation is expected to be 2.85% this year, 4.75% next year, and then 3.3% thereafter. The maturity risk premium is estimated to be 0.05(t -

The market return on similar bonds

BioMax Inc. offers a 10 percent coupon bond that has a $1,000 par value, semiannual coupon payments and 20 years of its original 25 years left to maturity. Which of the follow

Identify the relevant code sections and regulations

Payment of Ex-Spouse’s Divorce Attorney’s Fees, Writing a Client Letter Facts: Your client, Norman Westerly, was formerly married to his ex-wife, Maria Eastman. Although Norma

Prepare a balanced scorecard

Explore the need for organisations to calculate and manage performance against objectives, as well as the potential effectiveness of tools such as Balanced Scorecards and St

Required rate for this stock-what is its value

Annual dividend = $1.00. Expected increase is 10% in each of the next 4 years. The stock price is expected to be $100 in the 4th year. Required rate for this stock is 14 perce

What was the real return on your investment

You purchased one GBK, Inc. 8 percent coupon bond one year ago for $1,090. The bond makes annual payments and matures four years from now. You sell the bond today when the req

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd