Reference no: EM131235925
1. Find the absorption depths of light radiation with 800 nm wavelength in Si, Ge, and GaAs.
2. Calculate and compare the generation rate for 800 nm light radiation in Si and germanium. Assume the photon flux for the light radiation with 800 nm wavelength is 1.0x 1010/m2-sec. light .
3. Calculate the band gap of Si, Germanium, and GaAs by using the absorption coefficient, α, in a variety of semiconductor materials at 300K as a function of the wavelength of light. http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/absorption-coefficient.
4. Calculate the intrinsic carrier concentration at 320K for silicon. Explain the approach by showing the equation and parameter you used.
5. What will be the equilibrium carrier concentration of majority and minority charge carriers if some doped Si with 1012 Boron/cm3? What will be the carrier concentration of minority and majority charge carriers if silicon is doped with 1016 /cm3 ? (Hint - http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/equilibrium-carrier-concentration).
6. Find the direct solar radiation arriving on earth surface when sun is at 30 degree. Assume the latitude angle is 39 degree.