>> Other Subject
To complete this assignment, you must fully read Stephanie M.H. Camp's Closer to Freedom: Enslaved Women and Everyday Resistance in the Plantation South. After you read, you will need to write a book review summarizing the book and connecting it to the material we have discussed in class. The book review must do the following in order to earn the full points:
1. Clearly explain the central argument (thesis)that the author is making.
2. Explain how the author proves her argument, including specific details from the book.In other words, summarize the book.
3. Identify the book's contribution(s) to historical literature and our understanding of slavery in the nineteenth century
4. Explain what sources the author uses to prove her argument.
5. Tie the book and its argument to what we have discussed in class.
How does the book reinforce, challenge,and/or expand upon what you have learned in class about slavery in the nineteenth century?
Your book review must be 3 to 5 pages in length, 12 point Times New Roman font, 1 inch margins, and double spaced