>> Finance Basics
Signature Assignment: Financial Challenges Presentation
Health care entities constantly face financial challenges that influence the cost of delivering quality health care services. Some factors that have an impact on an organization's ability to manage and sustain a viable organization include economical changes, the Affordable Care Act, government demands, an increase in bad debt, insurance restructuring, and meeting quality measures. Understanding how to address these elements is essential to the continued success of a health care entity.
Select a current issue in health care finance such as:
• High deductible health plans
• Insurance contracting
• Accountable Care Organizations
• Technological advances
• Medicaid funding and reimbursement.
Create a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you discuss your chosen issue.
Address each of the following in your presentation:
• Explain the roles of the stakeholders affected by the financial issue.
• Explain the factors contributing to rising health care costs related to the financial issue.
• Identify legislation that affects the financial issue.
Format your presentation according to APA guidelines.
Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your presentation. All references should be in APA format within your speaker notes and at the end of your presentation. You should also cite any graphics from other sources used in your slides.