>> Project Management
The final six to eight page paper must demonstrate understanding of new learning in the field of project management.
It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text, as well as five sources from the internet or online library to support your views. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards. (Suggestion: use at least one project of which you have been either a team member or a project manager as an example to describe the topics below):
The following topics must be reviewed in order for the paper to be complete:
- Define project management and explain its importance to the business world.
- Explain project life-cycle management and the benefits of project management to an organization.
- Explain the concepts of planning in the project life-cycle and how research and critical thinking is mandatory in planning.
- Explain project organizations and the importance of leadership and sponsorship.
- Explain project team building, including techniques of successful team building.
- Explain how to create a work breakdown structure and how a project manager breaks down the overall project into packages.
- Explain the need for project management software in large integrated programs and the benefits to the overall project management organization.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes: ?Student's name
Course name and number
Title of paper
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
PLEASE USE THE REQUESTED REFERENCES.
Project management [electronic resource] : a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling / Harold Kerzner.By: Kerzner, Harold. Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013. xxvii, 1264 p.
Project Success and Executive Sponsor Behaviors: Empirical Life Cycle Stage Investigations By: Kloppenborg, Timothy J.; Tesch, Debbie; Manolis, Chris. Project Management Journal. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p9-20. 1p. 2 Diagrams, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/pmj.21396
PLANNING AND TACTICAL FACTORS IN THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS. By: Pinto, Jeffrey K.; Prescott, John E. Journal of Management Studies. May90, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p305-327. 23p
Applying the Work Breakdown Structure to the Project Management Lifecycle By: Shelly A. Brotherton; Pmp Robert; T. Fried; Pmp Eric; S. Norman.In:http://www.ca.com/files/WhitePapers/fried_wbs__pmi_global_congress_202925.pdf Language: English, Database
Software project management By: Andrew R. Dawson; Dipl. -ing Susanne Schulz; Dr. -ing Rainer Hess; Phillip Windsor; Andrew Batchelor Beng. In: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~evzard/papers/schulzetal2008.pdf
Larson, E., & Gray, C. (2014). Project management: The managerial process with MS project (6th ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill Irwin
This task is about project management. It is 2000 words task,. in his all essential concepts of project management are defined and APA style is used for referencing.
Preview Container content
Table of Contents
Project Management and Its Importance
Project Life Cycle Management and Benefits of Project Management
Concept of Planning in Project Life Cycle and why research and critical thinking is important for Planning
Project Organizations and Importance of Leadership and Sponsorship
Project Team Building and its Techniques
How to create work break down structure and how whole project is broken into packages
Need of Project Management Software and its Benefits
The main topic about which we are going to discuss here in this paper is project management. The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate new learning in field of project management. Project Management is an effective way to manage various activities of a project, so that project can be run successfully without any problem. It is commonly seen that cost overrun, time overrun and lack of resources etc. are common issues that are found in implementation of project. That is why project management has become so important.
The main concerning topics about project management that we will cover here in this report are,benefits of project management, its importance, life-cycle, planning processes of project management and why critical thinking is necessary for planning of project management. Besides this, we will also emphasize on importance of leadership and sponsorship, project team building and role of project management software in this process of management.