Reference no: EM13822854
PART I: Short Response Questions
Directions: Using proper APA format, please write a response to each of the following questions that is two to three paragraphs in length. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines.
1. List the three most common forms of skin cancer and explain the factors involved in their development.
2. Explain fully the role of the skin in temperature regulation.
3. List and briefly describe the five functions of the skeletal system.
4. What effect does the task of childbearing have on the difference between the male and female skeleton?
5. Describe the following movements: flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, and rotation.
6. Briefly explain changes that gradually take place in bones, joints, and muscles in a person who habitually gets too little exercise?
PART II: Case Study
Directions: Please answer each of the case study questions below. Ensure that your responses are detailed and that each response is at least one half of a page to one page in length. Please use proper APA format. If necessary, please cite any sources. You may also utilize LIRN for your research. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA and LIRN guidelines.
1. During her regular physical examination, Courtney, a 14-year-old girl, asks her physician about the blackheads on her nose. What causes them and why has she been getting blackheads?
2. Julie is a 14-year-old girl who is 5 feet 2 inches tall. She seems short compared with her tall parents. Julie's mother is concerned and she asks her daughter's physician whether Julie will grow any more. How can a physician tell whether Julie has completed her growth?
3. Consider the primary functions of the muscular system. How are these functions critical to survival?