>> Database Management System
Business Intelligence and Data Warehouses
Businesses today are extremely reliant on large amounts of data for making intelligent business decisions. Likewise, the data warehouses are often structured in a manner that optimizes processing large amounts of data.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Outline the main differences between the structure of a relational database optimized for online transactions versus a data warehouse optimized for processing and summarizing large amounts of data.
2. Outline the main differences between database requirements for operational data and for decision support data.
3. Describe three (3) examples in which databases could be used to support decision making in a large organizational environment.
4. Describe three (3) examples in which data warehouses and data mining could be used to support data processing and trend analysis in large organizational environment.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.