+1-415-670-9189
info@expertsmind.com
Expected value and standard deviation of profit
Course:- Microeconomics
Reference No.:- EM13700181




Assignment Help
Assignment Help >> Microeconomics

Jamie Dixon is the operations manager for Pitt Corp, a real estate investment firm. Jamie must decide if Pitt Corp is going to invest in a strip mall in Oakland. If the strip mall is highly successful, after tax profits will be $100,000 per year. Moderate success would yield an annual profit of $50,000, while the project will lose $10,000 per year if it is unsuccessful. Past experience suggests that there is a 40% chance that the project will be highly successful, a 40% chance of moderate success, and a 20% probability that the project will be unsuccessful. The project requires an $800,000 investment. If Pitt Corp has an 8% opportunity cost on invested funds of similar riskiness, should the project be undertaken? In your answer, calculate the expected value and standard deviation of profit.  




Put your comment
 
Minimize


Ask Question & Get Answers from Experts
Browse some more (Microeconomics) Materials
particularly on the retail end where drug dealers sell the drug to consumers in the U.S. What would you predict would happen to the economic profits of the drug dealer? Supp
We are using an annotated bibliography as a part of the research process, as a vehicle to help you collect and evaluate sources, as well as to think through the ways those sou
Suppose the production function of a firm is Q=100k^1/2 L^1/2. the corresponding long run cost curve was found to be TC=(Qw^1/2r^1/2)/50. Use this information to verify that S
Prepare a 1,050-word paper assessing the various roles of managers and individuals in the change process. Include an examination of the two types of change agents as well as a
Consider a closed economy that has no government. If saving is negative, then investment should also be negative. Is it possible for investment to be negative? What might be t
The researchers hypothesized that the mortality condition would lead insecure participants to more strongly endorse George W. Bush and secure participants to more strongly e
The Court should permit Gooden to breach the contract because he did not have full information when he made the agreement - change if Williams was not a professor of geolog
Recent increases in rents have caused the citizens of Elmville to vote for a rent ceiling of $1200. Assuming all rental units in Elmville are identical and the supply and de