Reference no: EM131268724
Assignment: Stock Investment Analysis
Review the investment information for the Fidelity Large Cap Stock Fund (FLCSX) at http://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/315912402
Write a four to five page paper in which you:
1. Assess the year-to-date performance of the FLCSX fund, including the key drivers of the fund performance, and how the performance of the fund compares to the S&P 500.
2. Evaluate the volatility risks in the fund, providing an assessment of the fund manager's performance based on the risk measurements for the fund. Make a recommendation to the fund manager for improving the performance. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
3. Compare your assessment of the fund performance to the Morningstar rating for the fund, indicating your agreement or disagreement with the rating. Provide support for your position.
4. Assess the top 10 holdings in the fund, indicating the level of diversification in the fund. Identify a company that may impose increased risk and any changes that you would recommend in the fund composition to improve the fund performance. Provide support for your rationale.
5. Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze stock prices and valuations.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial risk analysis.
• Write clearly and concisely about financial risk analysis using proper writing mechanics.