Reference no: EM131296941 , Length: word count:2000
Research a local community or state issue of your choice in which advocacy efforts were executed.
Write a 1,500- to 2,000-word paper discussing the influence of the social and political environment on advocacy efforts in relation to the delivery of Human Service. Address the following:
• Research an issue in your local community or state where advocacy efforts impacted the social and political climate. Examples could include:
o childhood obesity,
o gun violence (as it relates to human services),
o opiate abuse and other prescription drug addictions,
o women's health,
o youth diversion programs,
• Analyze the social and political climate in which your issue has existed and how advocacy has influenced Human Service programming or delivery changes in the last 10 years.
• Identify the advocates and stakeholders and assess how their roles influence the advocacy process.
• Elaborate on how advocacy efforts have influenced current attitudes and policies towards issues that affect human services.
• Profile how advocacy efforts have evolved and changed over time to influence the interaction of human systems.
• Evaluate the outcomes of the advocacy work and the impact on the access to services and community resources.
Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment