Reference no: EM13969991 , Length:
Need to make a memo to company executives explaining why adequate training is important to the company and how the financial costs can be justifiedAssignment
You are a manager in the HR department at WidgetMaker. It has recently been brought to your attention that many of the workers require more training to accurately perform their jobs.
Write a memo to company executives explaining why adequate training is important to the company and how the financial costs can be justified.
Within your memo, address the following:
• Evaluate the costs and benefits to both the company and the employee. How do the benefits justify the costs?
• What factors should the company consider when designing a training program? How should its effectiveness be evaluated?
After your initial posts discuss the following:
• Under which circumstances is training not transferable from company to company?
• From a management perspective, is it ever disadvantageous to hire individuals who have been previously trained at other companies? Why or why not?
• How much can the company culture of one company affect the training required at a different company?
Write your initial response in 300-500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
• Read your peers' answers.
• Provide substantive comments by
o contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
o building on the remarks or questions of others; or
o sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
• Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
• Make sure your writing
o is clear, concise, and organized;
o demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
o displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.