Reference no: EM13779173
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems" Please respond to the following:
• Give your opinion on which is the greatest risk of failure for an ERP system for an organization: selecting the wrong system ERP model or the wrong consultant not familiar with the company's business operations. Justify your answer.
• Give your opinion on whether or not the client should just be able to use whatever applications the ERP system provides, given that ERP systems use the best-practices approach in designing their applications, yet appropriateness of fit is considered to be an important issue when selecting an ERP. Explain your opinion.
"Approaches to ERP Conversions" Please respond to the following:
• Evaluate the pros and cons of implementing an ERP system using the "big bang" or "phased in" approach for a medium- to large-sized university. Make a recommendation on which approach would be less risky. Explain your rationale.
• Imagine you are the manager of systems applications and development for a company. Assess your options to deal with the problem of file server backup in a decentralized organization with autonomous divisions that do not share common operational data, indicating which approach you believe is best. Provide support for your response.
"Detecting Fraud" Please respond to the following:
• Evaluate at what stage of the general accounting model it is easiest to commit computer fraud. Based upon your personal knowledge or work experience, describe the potential abuses that could occur and how they can be minimized.
• Speculate on why adult males with advanced degrees commit a disproportionate amount of fraud, based on a profile of fraud perpetrators prepared by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Explain your position
"Fraud Mitigation Techniques" Please respond to the following:
• From the e-Activity, determine the theft red flags that would create the most opportunity for abuse and make recommendations for the types of controls that could detect various types of frauds. Be as specific as possible by providing illustrative examples to support your position.
• Suggest why collusion between employees and management in the commission of a fraud is difficult to both prevent and detect. Discuss preventative measures or risk mitigation strategies to address this issue.