>> Term Paper
Emergency Planning - Canadian Disaster Assignment
Topic: Edmonton tornado 1987
Research and write a paper on a devastating catastrophe which has occurred in Canadian history. In the paper, you must address the following questions:
- Describe the event and explain what kind of event it was (e.g.natural or man-made)
- Describe if any emergency planning had been in place before the disaster,
- Identify what worked and what did not work, could the event have been prevented? How?à
- What were the risks to the people and the emergency personnel during and after the crisis?
- (Describe in quantitative and qualitative terms).
- Explain any ripple effects this event may have had on other industry and societ. Are there any benefits that have been gained as a result of the disaster?
- What was done or could be done so that this type of event could be eliminated or its effects minimized?
- What would your role be as a public safety communications officer?
- As a public safety communications officer, what, if anything, could you have done to minimize the situation?
- From your research, did the communications system perform as expected and, if not, why not?
Research Paper Format Requirements:
- 8 page maximum
- APA format
- type-written (word processed), double spaced and in a 12 pt font introduction and conclusion.