Reference no: EM131335571
Topic - same-sex marriage
This assignment involves preparing the final draft of your research paper and Works Cited page.
Additional helpful resources:
Once you receive feedback on the first draft, use those suggestions as a starting point to write the final draft. But don't just stop there! In addition to implementing the suggestions, you should make other revisions as well. You can use this as a start for your checklist, adding to it the steps that you were told to address in the next draft:
You've done it! You should read over your research paper one more time to ensure it is free from errors.
- Is my thesis statement strong, and does it effectively tell the main idea of the essay?
- Did I underline my thesis statement?
- Are my paragraphs arranged logically?
- Do my paragraphs have strong topic sentences?
- Did I use parenthetical citations to cite ALL borrowed information?
- Am I using enough reputable sources?
- Are there enough examples to prove my thesis statement?
- Do I use transitions effectively between ideas and paragraphs?
- Do I have a strong concluding paragraph?
- Is my grammar correct?
- Do I use the proper punctuation for my sentences?
- Is my paper the right length?
The guidelines and requirements for this assignment are:
Remember to apply the concepts you're learning in the course, including elements of grammar, punctuation, thesis development, and other skills.
Length: This assignment should be a minimum of 4 pages (800 words). You should aim for at least 6 double-spaced pages (1,250 words), excluding the Works Cited page.
Header: Include a header in the upper left-hand corner of your writing assignment with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Course Title (Composition I)
- Assignment name (Research Paper)
- Current Date
- Double-spacing throughout
- Standard 12 point font (Arial, TimesNewRoman, Calibri)
- Title, centered after heading
- 1" margins on all sides
- Save the file using one of the following extensions: .docx, .doc, .rtf, or .txt