>> Other Subject
1. Choose a film that you have seen recently, and which you particularly enjoyed. Now find a friend or colleague who has seen the same film, and who hated it.
Discuss your views of that particular film. What factors (age, sex, background, education, interest, values and beliefs, political views, past experience) can you identify that explain the differences in perception between you and your friend or colleague?
2. Visit Great Place to Work UK website and take a look at the UK's 50 best places to work, as well as the 100 best workplaces in Europe.
Find out what these companies do to motivate their staff.
3. Please read the following case study from your prescribed textbook and answer the 3 questions at the end:
Case Study: "Why don't teams work like they're supposed to?" p.263
1. What do you think of the elements of successful teamwork Hackman has identified? Do you believe these elements are necessary for effective team performance?
2. Can you think of other condition necessary for teams to be effective?
3. Imagine you've been asked to assemble and lead a team of high-potential new hires to work on the development of an international marketing campaign. What specific steps might you take early in the team's life to ensure that the new team is able to avoid some of the problems Hackman identified? Is there any way to break down the overall group goal into subtasks so individual accountability can be enhanced?