Reference no: EM13905234
1. Two truck drivers for a moving company, while loading a desk, found $1000 that had fallen out of the desk. They knew who the owner was but instead of returning it they decided to keep the money and split it evenly. An hour later driver #1 decided they did not want to go ahead with the plan and instead wanted to return the money, whereupon driver #2 pulled a knife out and demanded that driver #1 handover the money to him. The bills were all counterfeit. What crimes have been committed?
2. Discuss the legal relevance of the phrase "a bundle of sticks."
3. Carl, Dina and Ed collectively run a floral shop. Carl is an expert in floral design, Dina is a business genius and Ed has $50,000 invested in the venture. They wish to better organize their business. Explain what is their best option and why?
4. Al writes a song in his head and spontaneously performs it live. Bob hears it and loves it. He records Al's performance on his cellphone - records his own performance of it and sells 1,000,000 copies. What are Al's rights?
5. Since the 1950s Qualitex has used a special shade of green color on the pads that it makes and sells to dry cleaning firms for use on dry cleaning presses. In 1989 Jacobson (a rival) began using a similar color on press pads it sold. In 1991 Qualitex registered a trademark on the special color. Qualtex then sued Jacobson for infringement. Explain whether or not a trademark violation has been committed.