Reference no: EM132185151
Question: A local government official, who happens to be up for reelection, has hired you to analyze the data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) surveys and develop a public health intervention plan based on the information.
The BRFSS is an ongoing telephone health survey system. It has been tracking health conditions and risk behaviors in the United States yearly since 1984. Data are collected monthly in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Guam. For this assignment, you need to do the following:
Part 1: Analyze the Data
1. View this site: CDC - BRFSS State Coordinators
2. Select your criteria for any state statistical areas, for any year 2002 to 2011, and pick a category.
3. Click a subcategory (if offered) to retrieve the necessary data.
4. In a detailed report, analyze the data by completing the following:
• Summarize what data was collected, the method of collection, and the basic findings from the data.
• Evaluate the data's validity, quality, and reliability.
• Identify and discuss strengths and weaknesses within the data.
• Based on the data, develop a hypothesis about a public health problem that could be tested with a study.
• Recommend one other form of data that should be collected in order to enhance the study.
• Develop a study design to best collect your recommended data.
• Identify the resources you would need to collect the data, including the people you would need to work with.
• Identify and justify an appropriate method to display the findings.
Part 2: Public Health Intervention Plan
Based on your analysis of the provided data, create a public health intervention plan by completing the following:
• Describe your chosen population and the health issue you are addressing.
• Provide 2-3 specific, actionable recommendations to help improve health for your specific population and issue.
• To whom would you present the results to achieve the desired outcomes?
Write an 8-12-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.