Reference no: EM132280401
Assignment - About Systems Development
For the purpose of this assignment, you are assumed to be one of the software consultants appointed to shoulder the system analysis responsibilities in, the project outlined in, the case study.
You will plan and manage the project as well as investigate and document its system requirements. For your Assignment 1 submission, you will produce a report that discusses this project based on your understanding of it and the related investigation results through the tasks below.
Approaches to Systems Development
• How would you go about developing Hospital Information System? Compare different Software Development approaches to consider the best suited for developing HIS.
• Justify the choice of your selected approach to systems development.
• What are the primary functional requirements for the system in the case study? List and discuss these requirements.
• What are the non-functional requirements for the system in the case study? List and discuss these non-functional requirements. Justify the choice of your non-functional requirements.
Project Cost Benefit Analysis
• Discuss your project Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA). CBA should focus the following two main points:
a. To determine if an investment (or decision) is sound, ascertaining if - and by how much - its benefits outweigh its costs; and
b. To provide a basis for comparing investments (or decisions), comparing the total expected cost of each option with its total expected benefits.
• Provide an excel spread sheet with details in a Project Cost Benefit Analysis.
• Show a work breakdown structure and a project schedule as a Gantt Chart. Explain both of them and discuss how they relate to each other.
• Given the system goals, requirements, and scope as they are currently understood, is the project schedule reasonable? Why or why not?
System Information Requirement Investigation Techniques
• Who are the stakeholders involved?
• Explain your choice of the 3 most useful investigation techniques.
• Justify the usefulness of these 3 investigation techniques.
Attachment:- Information Systems Analysis and Design.rar