Reference no: EM131307400 , Length: word count:3000
Learning objectives and graduate skills tested
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers and challenges faced by digital enterprises that include technology infrastructure, business processes, social media, consumer behaviour and global markets (Problem solving)
2. Demonstrate the ability to research and critically evaluate e-commerce business models to gain an understanding of their business application for transforming digital enterprises (Academic, professional and digital literacy)
3. Demonstrate the practical skills required to formulate and evaluate a coherent plan for a digital enterprise, develop a prototype business website based on this plan and document and critically evaluate the end-product (Problem solving).
4. Demonstrate the ability to write effectively in a clear and concise manner in report style for senior management (Written and oral communication)
In completing this assignment, you are expected to use available resources such as the Joomla workshop resources and lecture slides in the study modules, the Course Study Desk -especially the Discussion Forums (click the Study Desk link on UConnect - <http://uconnect.usq.edu.au>), as well as exploring and experimenting on your own.
Assignment requires you to plan and develop an e-commerce business model report including building a prototype website using Joomla! based on the online business category assigned to you. Your online business category will be emailed to you during the first week.
You will be required to develop your prototype website using the Joomla! content management system in cloudaccess.net.
Your business model and prototype website must be related to the online business category assigned to you. Failure to do so will result in your assignments being rejected and no marks will be allocated.
Report: E-commerce Business Model
Report Structure and Presentation
Your report should include a title page, Table of Contents (including List of Tables and List of Figures if applicable) and Appendices.
Note: Make sure to state your name and student number in the report on the title page. State the word count of the report (Introduction to Conclusions & Recommendations)
Report Letter of Transmittal, Executive Summary and Introduction (Introduction - approx. 300 words)
Your report should include a letter of transmittal, executive summary, and introduction to the report.
Note: Make sure to nominate a name for your prototype website and provide a brief rationale why you used this name in the Introduction to the report.
Recommendations provide a summary of the recommendations to your online business based on the research conducted in the report.
Checklist: Prototype Joomla! Website
Ensure you setup your Joomla! website and complete the activities as listed in the checklist document. Your Joomla! Website URL should be accessible for the marker to assess the activities undertaken as per the checklist document.
1. Valid setup of Joomla! Website
2. Template and layout is accessible and user friendly
3. Content - key articles: Home, About, Contact
4. Menu & Links
The business module is retail(footwear&apparel) Live website example:http://au.puma.com/