Reference no: EM13967101
Focus of the Final Paper
Pollution prevention refers to the process of reducing or eliminating waste at the source by implementing conservation techniques, reusing materials rather than putting them into the waste stream, and managing waste so that its environmental impact is limited. For this assignment, pretend that you have just been hired by the city of Ashford to develop a pollution prevention plan. The city currently has 100,000 residents but is rapidly expanding and soon the city will be producing too much waste and wastewater for the current structure.
Thus, you need to develop a plan that will allow for the continued development of the city with limited environmental impact. Remember the primary goal is to prevent pollution and the secondary goal is to successfully handle and treat the pollution. In your Final Paper you must:
1. Develop a plan to limit solid waste production in the face of a growing population.
2. Describe how you will manage waste that cannot be prevented
3. Develop a plan to prevent excess wastewater in the face of a growing population.
4. Describe how you will manage wastewater that cannot be prevented.
5. Develop a land management program to limit destruction in the face of expanding housing and commercial areas.
6. Describe the economic and political feasibility of the plan and present ideas to overcome any proposed barriers to its implementation.