Reference no: EM131182792 , Length:
Case Study - 3M Australia
Marketing consultants to help develop a Marketing Plan for 3M Australia. Your team will need to firstly understand the brand by performing anEnvironmentalanalysis (Macro/Micro/Internal environment, SWOT Analysis) and set up objectives & Goalsfor the next 12 months, then designing the Marketing Mix (4P's). Your team needs to choose one of 3M current around 4,000 products or one product line to relaunch it with your marketing plan.
It is very important that you are able to predict potential problems you might have withre-launching the product. As a team, you are required to pitch your marketing plan tosenor Marketing Managers who will choose one plan for the allocated budget. 3M Australiais looking for a creative, practical and fun marketing plan!
1. Objective of the Marketing Plan:Launching a new marketing plan for a product.
3M Australia marketing department looks for a feasible marketing plan of one of their current product. $300,000is allocated to fund the chosen plan. 3M senior managers will review your plan and listen to your presentations to choose the best plan.
Visit website of 3M Australia (http://www.3m.com.au/3M/en_AU/company-au/) to locate your potential choose of product. Your team allowed to choose one product or one product line from Business or Consumer Products.
As a marketing team, you choose a best potential product from existing products by researching a market/industry for 3M, should develop a marketing plan for the product. You need to pitch your plan to 3M senior marketing managers to secure a budget. We will compete with other marketing teams for the budget. Only one plan will be selected for the budget and the team will involve in implementing the plan.
2. The objective of Group Assessment
The aim of this group project is to encourage you to confront the reality that marketing practice is in a large part a group activity. It encourages you to recognise that your effectiveness as a marketing professional is largely dependent on your ability to function and contribute as part of a team. Over the development of plan, you need to apply the theories which taught in the term.
3. Requirements of Report.
Your team can decide on the marketing mix strategy by looking at the various marketing theories taught this term. The challenge is to think outside the box and create a plan that is feasible for the brand!
Your report MUST prove why your product is the best potential for 3M in a situation analysis. You must bring a sample(s) to your class for demonstration in the presentation day.
1) Application of theory: You will need to apply marketing theories for this assignment. You can refer to your textbook, lecture slides to help you to write the Marketing Plan. For specific guides on writing the marketing plan please refer to Appendix, Marketing Plan of your textbook.
2) Presentation: You are required to present your Marketing Plan in your tutorial class to your tutor and peers.
3) Template: A report template has been provided on Moodle for this assignment. Please refer to files in a directory "Assessment 2" or the subject outline. You will need to follow the template and discuss your marketing plan accordingly. However, if you need to add additional information, you can put it in Appendix.
4) Referencing: You are expected to refer to external resources for theories, ideas or current trends. You will need to apply theories to your statements/claims. These will need to be justified and supported by theory. Therefore, you will NEED to have at least 5 academic references for this assignment. Textbooks are not considered an academic reference, and it is expected that you would refer to it. You will need to reference it if you use your textbook. You should use resources from databases such as EBSCO, ProQuest, Emerald Insight, and so on.
Attachment:- presentation and report.rar