Reference no: EM131204708 , Length: word count:2000
Task - Develop a charter for the RALS Rostering project including:
Include the project description and overview you have developed as part of your preparation for Assessment.
Part One: MOV - Measurable Organisational Value
(This is the goal of the project and is utilised to define the value that your team project will bring to your client)
-Identify the desired area of impact - Rank the following areas in terms of importance: Strategy / Customer / Financial / Operational / Social
-With reference to your project, identify one or two of the following types of value:
- Better - is improving quality important to your client?
- Faster - does your client want to increase efficiency?
- Cheaper - is cutting costs important?
- Do more - does your client want to continue its growth?
-Develop an appropriate metric - this sets the target and expectation of all the stakeholders. It is important to determine a quantitative target that needs to be expressed as a metric in terms of an increase or decrease of money.
-Determine the timeframe for achieving the MOV - ask yourselves, when do we want to achieve this target metric?
-SUMMARISE THE MOV IN A CLEAR CONCISE STATEMENT OR TABLE
Define Scope and produce a Scope Management Plan
Define the scope of the project and detail how the scope will be managed.
Provide a list of Resources
Identify and detail the resources for the project using MS Project where appropriate, including:
- People (and their roles), plus any extra personnel that is required for the project.
- Technology - any hardware, network and software needs to support the team and your client.
- Facilities - where will most of the teamwork be situated?
- Other - for example, travel, training etc.
Using MS Project, develop a schedule using a high level Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). It should include:
- Milestones for each phase and deliverable
- This will tell everyone associated with the project that the phase or deliverable was completed satisfactorily. o Activities I Tasks
- Define a set of activities / tasks that must be completed to produce each deliverable.
- Resource Assignments
- Assign people and resources to each individual activities.
- Estimates for Each Activity / Task
- Develop a time estimate for each task or activity to be completed.
Project Risk Analysis and Plan
- Document any assumptions you have made about the project
- Using the Risk Identification Framework as a basis, identify five risks to the project - one for each of the five phases of the methodology.
- Analyse these risks, assign a risk to an appropriate member, and describe a strategy for the management of each specific risk.
Quality Management Plan. It should include:
- A short statement that reflects your team's philosophy or objective for ensuring that you deliver a quality system to your client.
- Develop and describe the following that your project team could implement to ensure quality;
- A set of verification activities
- A set of validation activities