>> Other Subject
Case Study: Cyber Security in Business Organization
Protecting organizational assets and information within the company has become a top priority for many organizational leaders.
Review the article titled "Missed Alarms and 40 Million Stolen Credit Card Numbers: How Target Blew It click on link.
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the fundamental challenges that organizations face in general in regard to protecting organizational assets and information.
2. Specify the red flag(s) that Target overlooked or ignored before the retail attack and give your opinion as to why Target overlooked or ignored the red flag(s).
3. Determine the main actions that Target took after the breach occurred and evaluate the efficiency of such actions.
4. Conclude the main reasons why the attack on Target occurred. Give your opinion as to whether or not the attack was mainly due to the poor infrastructure or the inability of management to act accordingly. Justify your response.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Outline the strategic implications of information assurance and security in an information technology environment.
• Explain how information technology systems influence organizational strategies.
• Outline the challenges and strategies of e-Business and e-Commerce technology.
• Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in a global context.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
Preview Container content
Information technology provides the most appropriate communication scope for a business organization. Submitting project proposals or discussing projects between the clients and company exclusively depends on the information technology. Online discussions are held between the clients, managers and team leader and other faculty and staffs which requires the usage of emails, online video chatting, and other social networking sites. Social networking sites like facebook, twitter, gmail, yahoo, skype, other websites, and internet blogs have become very popular as deals can be quickly fixed with the usage of internet resources. The fundamental challenges that the organizations generally faces with regard to protecting organizational assets and information are listed below:
• Usernames and passwords of confidential accounts of the organizations are at more risks to be hacked.
• Accessing or stealing the confidential documents or proprietary information, credit card numbers are problems faced by the organizations which needs to be kept safe for company’s business as well as financial interest (Anderson et al., 2013).
• Use of pirated software in the company’s computer systems also increases the risk of data breaching.
Many a times the employees download or install contents that might warn them of having any malicious virus or software. This way the data security provisions of the business organization are frequently compromised