>> Computer Network Security
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Briefly summarize the details of the attack on the PlayStation Network, including the dates of when the attack started and was eventually uncovered.
2. Indicate what explanation Sony officials gave for the length of time that had passed from the start of the attack to when the general public was made aware of the details.
3. Analyze and explain what you believe the correct forensic investigative action would have been once the attack was uncovered.
4. Explicate whether or not you believe the Sony forensic teams could have provided a quicker analysis of the situation and the damage incurred. Discuss why you believe this way and what you think is an appropriate amount of time after a breach before those affected are made aware.
5. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Explicate
Preview Container content
Answer 1 1
Answer 2 2
Answer 3 3
Answer 4 3
As per the given scenario Sony Play Station Network was taken offline after an external intrusion. Due to this attack hackers was successful to steal a large number of confidential documents. Hacker did this by hacking file sharing networks. This attack was occurred between 17 April and 19 April, 2011. That was a tough time for Sony PlayStation and major loss that was faced by Sony related to highly confidential information and hackers have also given threats to Sony for leaking this information. After 7 days of speculation-ridden downtime, it was announced by Sony that this is happened due to massive hack. This attack exposed the all information about names, emails and other essential information.
From 19th April to 3rd May this whole process of identification executed as below:
• April 19, 2011. SNEA network team detects unauthorized activity in the network of 130 servers.
• April 20, 2011. SNEA engineers discovered the evidence of unauthorized intrusion and due to this data was removed from the PlayStation Network Servers. In this situation, Forensic analysis also provide help to find out some essential evidences about this network attack.