Reference no: EM13308877
Lab 3: Designing the Infrastructure for the Network
1. Draw a diagram the new network.
2. Will the current horizontal cabling suffice for the new network? If it will not, what type of cable should be used for the horizontal cabling? Provide detailed specifications for this cable.
3. Should fiber optic horizontal cabling be installed but not terminated as future proofing for a future higher-speed network? What is the cost difference between copper UTP cable and fiber optic cable?
4. Does this network require an access layer? What devices would operate at the access layer? Draw a diagram of these devices at the access layer. Label all of the devices.
5. Does this network require a distribution layer? What devices would operate at the distribution layer? What would these devices be responsible for? Could the access and distribution layer be combined into a single layer? Draw a diagram of these devices at the distribution layer. Label all of the devices.
6. Does this network need a core layer? What devices would operate at the core layer?
7. Is redundancy required at any layer of this network? If it is, where and how would this redundancy be added to the network? What device or devices would be used to make this network redundant?