Reference no: EM131401295
1. You want to test the hypothesis that exercise is linked to lower anxiety. Design a study to test an association between exercise and anxiety. You should measure exercise and measure anxiety (do not propose an experiment). Describe your design.
2. Let's assume you conducted a study with 20 people to test your hypothesis, and you obtained a small effect size. Draw a graph of the relationship here. Label everything on the graph, and write in an effect size.
3. Which of the following is likely to show the lowest p-value in your study?
a. Small effect size, small sample size b. Small effect size, large sample size c. Large effect size, small sample size d. Large effect size, large sample size After you select your answer, explain the reasoning.
4. Suppose you obtained a p-value of .20 in Study 1, and a p-value of .04 in Study 2. Interpret what these p-value mean in your particular study. Be as precise as possible in the words you use here.
5. Suppose you conduct your study with a larger sample size (n = 700) and you obtain an effect size of 0. Describe a possible MODERATOR of the relationship between exercise and anxiety and describe how the moderator may have led to a 0 effect size estimate. Draw of graph of your moderator hypothesis.